Saturday, November 28, 2009

In Ukraine...right now.

At this moment I am at an internet cafe in Donetsk, Ukraine. I have been here with Jesse and Kristy for almost a week already and have been having a remarkable experience. I cannot go into great detail right now, since the light is falling and work needs to be done--but this trip has been amazing. Today we are meeting with our fourth center director. We have traveled all around the country and have seen the opportunity to assist these wonderful directors who are trying to do so much with what little the government has given them.

Currently, I am less than 100 yards from the birth of Courage to Hope. It was here, at this very place exactly 3 years ago that I met a victim of domestic violence. It was here that I saw the blood drip from her hopeless face. It was here that she told me she had nowhere to go. It was here I realized the severity of domestic violence in Ukraine. --and it was here I realized we could make a difference.

How grateful I am that we have come here to see the hope that lies ahead! Through partnering with these determined directors, we can give these women--as well as ourselves--the Courage to Hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment