Wednesday, February 4, 2009

From Chelsea Bennett

Why am I involved with Courage to Hope? I see women who are battered and suffering in my profession; to see a woman bruised and desperate for the slightest symbolism of hope has changed me, changed my perspective on life, my own abilities and my desire to reach out. I know there is a vital need for change and hope for those women who suffer. Being part of an organization like Courage to hope is life changing for all those who are involved, it is truly altruistic and with a group of young, capable, passionate students I recognize our reach is limited only by our dreams.
My name is Chelsea Bennett and I am completing my Masters in Marriage and Family Therapy at Brigham Young University. I will begin working on my PhD in the same field in another part of the country starting this Fall. I completed my bachelors of science from Brigham Young University in Marriage, Family and Human Development. Throughout my schooling I have had the opportunity of studying internationally and recognizing the needs of others. One internship in particular provided the research needed for many of the laws and regulations on families and marriage within the United States. I have participated in many different research projects in the last six years evaluating and obtaining information of healthy family functioning. I have also had the privilege of spending hundreds of hours providing therapy to couples, individuals and families. I have researched and studied abuse, violence and women focuses. Finally, the more I learn the more I have a burning desire to help.

No comments:

Post a Comment