Sunday, February 1, 2009

From Nat Harward

I am involved with Courage to Hope because I believe we can actually make a difference in many lives in many communities around the world. I believe it is possible to diminish violence against women, that there are rising generations of boys ready to treat women with respect, and that there are rising generations of girls ready to shed old stereotypes and seize new opportunities. I'm committed to Courage to Hope because Courage to Hope is committed to teaching and supporting the people who pioneer change. And I believe that no woman should live her life in total subjection and fear, stripped of individuality and personal expression.

At my first Courage to Hope meeting, I watched Zack tell a group of 20 people about encountering a victim of domestic abuse. As I considered the hopeless situation of this woman and many others, I looked around the room and realized that even a small band of people can unite to a common goal and affect change so that one day all women may have the courage to hope for a better life.

No comments:

Post a Comment